This article will provide instructions and advice on requesting a mentor or mentee.
To request a match via the platform:
- Navigate to 'Find New Matches'
- You can filter your search by expertise, department, goals and more.
- Select the profile you wish to view and click 'Connect'.
There are 4 key points to remember when reaching out:
- Introduce yourself with a brief summary.
- Let them know why you’ve chosen them for a match. Aim to make your reasons relatable to your mentor's experiences.
- Outline what you’re hoping to achieve in the mentoring relationship.
- Keep it short and snappy. Remember - using the Find New Matches feature with Mentorloop means your requested connection can view your profile if they’re looking for more detail!
Let’s look at a quick example. Sophia (a mentee) is wanting to connect with Megan (a mentor):
Looking for related topics?